- For text editing I use GNU Emacs, falling back to Neovim or regular
Vim for quick edits. I make heavy use of Org mode. I also really
like the Emacs calculator.
- I write my papers/assignments primarily using pdfLaTeX with latexmk
and Makefiles to make LaTeX less unwieldy.
- Most of my computers run Arch Linux with sway/i3. I’ve tried many
different Linux distributions (and other operating systems) since
installing it, but none have been as convenient as Arch for me.
- I use git for nearly everything. My notes, my tasks, every
assignment, project, and most of my files are checked into a git
- I prefer to use fish as my shell, but I’m not very happy
with any of the shells I’ve used.